Dinutvei.no Logo Nasjonal veiviser
ved vold og overgrep

Are you violent or have you committed assault? You can talk to your general practitioner (GP)

Are you quick-tempered, irascible and have problems controlling your anger? Have you threatened or committed acts of violence towards your partner or children? Then you have a violence problem. You can raise the problem with your GP.

GPs are tasked with helping patients with bodily or physical illnesses, mental health and alcohol/substance abuse. This means that your GP is responsible for your total health situation when you are examined, treated and followed up. A GP will often have a good overview of an individual’s health and life situation; a GP can also be a good conversation partner and is experienced in meeting people who have problems.

A GP can be a good conversation partner and is experienced in meeting people who have problems

Your GP has a duty of confidentiality and is therefore not allowed to share any information about you with others without your consent, or if there is a risk to life and health. Your GP can offer an interpreter, when necessary.

Your GP can also refer you to the specialist health service if necessary, or notify you about other agencies that offer help and that do not require a referral – such as a Family counselling office, Alternative to Violence etc. Your GP is also responsible for coordinating, examining and following up on you when you receive help from the specialist health service etc.

The general practitioner scheme is part of the public health service and you pay an ordinary user fee.

At helsenorge.no you will find information about GPs and changing GPs (Norwegian only)


Døgnåpne tjenester:

Er du voksen og trenger selv hjelp eller ønsker å hjelpe en annen voksen?

Er du bekymret for et barn eller trenger hjelp i omsorgen for barn?

På nettsidene våre finner du oversikt også over andre hjelpetilbud. Det varierer hva de ulike tjenestene kan tilby i øyeblikket. Vi anbefaler deg likevel å ta kontakt og sjekke ut hvilken hjelp du kan få. Spørsmål- og svartjenesten på dinutvei.no er også åpen.