Dinutvei.no Logo Nasjonal veiviser
ved vold og overgrep

Have you been subjected to violence or assault? You can talk to your general practitioner (GP)

Are you experiencing problems with a violent partner, have you been subjected to assault or are you experiencing violence at home? Are you struggling with experiences that happened a while ago? Or are you afraid of being forced into a marriage? You can talk to your GP.

GPs are tasked with helping patients with bodily or physical illnesses, mental health and alcohol/substance abuse. This means that your GP is responsible for all aspects of your health when you are examined, treated and followed up. A GP will often have a good overview of an individual’s health and life situation; a GP can also be a good conversation partner and is experienced in meeting people who have problems.

A GP can be a good conversation partner and is experienced in meeting people who have problems

Your GP has a duty of confidentiality and is therefore not allowed to share any information about you with others without your consent, or if there is a risk to life and health. Your GP can offer an interpreter, when necessary.

Your GP can also refer you to the specialist health service if necessary or inform you of other agencies that offer help and that do not require a referral – such as  crisis shelters, family welfare offices etc. Your GP is also responsible for coordinating, examining and following up on you when you receive help from the specialist health service etc.

The general practitioner scheme is part of the public health service, and you pay an ordinary user fee.

At helsenorge.no you will find information about GPs and how to change your GP (in Norwegian only)


Døgnåpne tjenester:

Er du voksen og trenger selv hjelp eller ønsker å hjelpe en annen voksen?

Er du bekymret for et barn eller trenger hjelp i omsorgen for barn?

På nettsidene våre finner du oversikt også over andre hjelpetilbud. Det varierer hva de ulike tjenestene kan tilby i øyeblikket. Vi anbefaler deg likevel å ta kontakt og sjekke ut hvilken hjelp du kan få. Spørsmål- og svartjenesten på dinutvei.no er også åpen.