Have you been a victim of rape, or perhaps know someone who has been a victim of rape?
The DIXI Resource center against sexual assault is a free service to women and men who have been victims of rape, as well as their relatives. The centre does not offer treatment but helps people to help themselves, which means drawing on their own resources, taking responsibility for their lives and steering it in the desired direction. DIXI supplements the treatment services offered by the public sector support system.
- one-on-one counselling for rape victims and their relatives
- counselling groups for rape victims and their relatives
- free legal aid
- telephone counselling and guidance via email and SMS
- help to make contact with the support system
- themed evenings, lectures and information about other support services and other interested parties
You can remain anonymous, i.e. you don’t have to give your name when you contact a centre. The staff have a duty of confidentiality and are therefore not allowed to share any information about you with others without your consent, or if there is a risk to life and health. Other users of the centre are not allowed to discuss anything concerning your case with others. The centre can offer an interpreter, when necessary.
The staff who work at DIXI are professionally trained with extensive experience in the field. Some of them may also have experienced rape themselves.
DIXI is a trust and receives funding from central and local government.
Telephone +47 22 44 40 50 / 930 58 070